Thursday, October 04, 2007

The arrival of Autumn

Fall arrived early in the Pacific NorthWet, and along with it came a cold. The entr fably hab been sik and now I thin I got it toooo. Achhoo!

It's been rainy and cold, as you have probably read about on other PNW blogs. The sun peeked its pretty head out for 5 minutes this afternoon, and DH was kind enough to snap a few pics of some FO's. He's never one to turn down a photo opportunity.

Here's a better picture of the Victorian Shoulderette, previously featured here. This shoulderette pattern by Sivia Harding is knit with yarn I spun from a roving purchased from the Artful Ewe.


Next up is a mistake rib stitch scarf knit from a singles yarn from Peru. Doesn't it look like reptile skin?


A birthday gift for my SIL is modeled by DD. The scarf is a free pattern on the web, and the head scarf is Calorimetry from knitty. I hope she likes it!


Finally, Ene's scarf from Scarf Style, more like a shawl, knit in the yarn called for, Blackberry Ridge laceweight.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, pretty!
I think Ene's scarf is my favorite in the book.

Feew beddah.

Barb said...

Sooo pretty! The DH does a great job taking photos. Of course with such lovley people and knitting to capture - how could it be otherwise?

Denise said...

Everything is so pretty! You've been a busy knitter!

Feel better soon.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love that Ene's Scarf thing but I have always been scared off because you start at the bottom - no slack for finding out you're going to run out of yarn! Do you know how much yardage you used to get a FO that size?

Anonymous said...

Wahoo, a new post! I love it all, Jen, and Miss Thang is a perfect model, as ever. Ene is a stunner, and how could someone not love the Calorimetry/scarf combo? I'm glad to see you got to take such good advantage of the rare sun!

vanessa said...

everything is so lovely!
i knit ene in the same color last year for a christmas present :-)

Sheila E said...

You are one talented and gorgeous lady!! My My!!
I will miss you at Stitches East...but thanks for letting me know and love your Mama!!
You will be thought of Many times!!
Get Better Fast!

Melanie said...

Ene's scarf hasn't appealed to me in the past, but now I've changed my mind. Yours is so pretty, and beautifully knit. The little shoulderette is lovely, and I know your SIL will be thrilled with the hat and scarf. Great work!