Friday, March 18, 2005

Gotta start somewhere

Weeeeeeee! Here we go. This is my first post, so please be gentle...

Hello, my name is Jennifer and I have a knitting addiction. Yep, I like to knit. I love to knit. I knit everywhere. I knit in the car, I knit at home. I knit while reading my kids their bedtime stories, I knit on the phone. Sorry, I was just reading some Dr. Seuss. As part of my professional development, I thought I would brush up on a new technology. You may have thought SQL, or Sharepoint, but alas, no, dear readers - blogging it is. DH does not believe that blogging can be that interesting. The dear soul has never read a knitblog.

Do you have a Denise needle set? And if so, how do you use it? I am the proud owner of one of these, and I must say that it is used every day. Why, just a few moments ago, DD was using it to "siphon" fuel out of the kitchen trash can and into her "gas-powered" toy shopping cart. She stuck one end in the trash can and closed the lid, and wrapped the other end of the needle through a hole in the handle of her shopping cart. Fill 'er up, baby. Hey - for those of you who are thinking that this is a crime against knitting - it gave me 10 minutes of freedom to read knitblogs. Tee hee.

And with that, dear readers, I will let you get back to your regularly scheduled knitblog rolling. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Roi said...

Heh Jen, yes, I see that you have a passion for everything knitty. I also have the Denise set but don't like the way the join hangs up my yarn - but I'd be Zac would love to use for gassing up his trucks!

Sheila said...

Have fun blogging, Jen!

Samsara said...

Jen, it looks great. I don't have the Denise needles, but what fun to read about their many creative uses. ;-) I look forward to reading more!

terri said...

Hi jen - you have joined the dark side. [insert evil darth vader laugh here] NO Denise needles here but I agree; anything that gets them occupied outside of my lap is cool by me.

terri of spinningwheel

Snooze said...

Welcome to blogland! Looking forward to getting to know you through your blog...(I'm a newbie too...)

Blessings,
Snooze

Jyll said...

lol I have a set and i absolutley love them!! my kids use them for thier entertainment as well, if it keeps them busy, im all for it (provided i can find them later.. in the drawer or the toilet is probably the best bet)
welcome to blog land!!

Jyll (jylls knitting adventures)