Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A day of sunshine

The sun is shining today, and with my new found knowledge of posting photos, I bring you the most recent FO:


The pattern is Caryl's Kerchief, available from foxyknits. I had heard comments that the kerchief is a little on the small side using one skein of koigu, so I opted for some other sock yarn I had in stash from Angora Valley in the Rainbow colourway. Actually, this is not true. I laid out on my bed all fingering weight yarn that I had in stash in large quantities, and my DS chose the Rainbow colourway. The kerchief will be an end of year gift for his teacher. I think it turned out rather beautiful, albeit bright. I have not blocked it yet, so I think it will only look nicer once blocked. It was a fun pattern and I can see at least one more of these in my future - for me!

Now to cast on for my next gift knitting assignment, a scarf for my SILs birthday coming up this summer.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Jen, that's beautiful! I really like the Caryl's Kerchief pattern - very versatile and a very wearable shape.