Monday, June 26, 2006

Trekking at the Black Sheep Gathering

I took my Trekking socks along to the Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, OR. It's an almost 6 hour trek (by car) from the Seattle area. My Mom trekked in from Maryland to share the drive with me. But hey, she's not in the Trek-along.

I wanted to share some sheep breeds with fellow Trek-alonger's, but every time I pulled out the Trekking socks, a curious sheep would want to investigate.



At first, I didn't want any of the owners to think I was harming their sheep just for the blog, so I was very careful to keep the dpn far away from the inquisitive eyes.



Pretty soon I realized that I had nothing to worry about, as those sheep were pretty agressive and would have eaten those dpn's in no time flat.



I did have some time to sip a cup of coffee and relax under the awning.



If the sock fits...

11 comments:

Sheila E said...

Love the pix on the blog Jen!!
It was so good to have you and your Mommy with us on Friday....and Saturday!! Wish that you could of stayed for Sunday....but it was dasterdly hot and you were very wise to be driving in a nice cool car home. It was a joyous weekend and thanks so much for helping to make it great, in so many ways!!
I just can't wait for OFFF.
Gotta go Michael needs me to pack things off to Lisa.
Love to one and all,
Sheila E
http://www.glassnut.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

cute pics!

vanessa said...

how fun! jen, what pattern are you using for the socks, very nice!

Jessica said...

How did I not run into you? I was spinning most of the day Saturday by the entrance just past Sheila's booth. :( Glad you had a good time. That drive is a haul though, isn't it?

CatonsvilleCats said...

I love all the SHEEP you guys have photographed. What a blast.

Spinny Bunt said...

Love the sheep pics and the sock color! Wish I could have gone to BSG this year, looks like you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

Wish I'd seen you - I was spinning with Jessica!

Birdsong said...

Very fun! I went to Black Sheep last year and had such a fun time.. it is one of the largest festivals, I hear. Thanks for sharing all the fun photos.

Emma said...

Hee, the sheep are adorable!

renee said...

Such cute sheepies!

Kim in Oregon said...

It was good to meet you at sheila's booth on Friday. I hope you had a good time!