Monday, February 20, 2006

FO Festival!

I'm having a little party here - a Finished Objects party. I haven't had one of these in quite some time.

First, who doesn't love handknit mittens?

Handspun Wensleydale in the Wild Things colorway from Lisa Souza. Yummy.

Next, a top-down raglan in koigu color P138. I've been working on this for a year and a half.

I ran out of yarn a few rows short of having full length sleeves, so I washed and dried it hanging, and the sleeves grew about 1" making them just perfect. Of course, now the v-neck is a little deeper than I usually wear, so I will have to find a camisole to wear under this, or be a little more daring. Ha Ha.

Here's an action shot. It's not the most flattering, but my 7yo photographer did the best he could.

Click here for a close up of the purl ridges.

What will she finish next?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah for the FO's! Those sleeves do indeed look perfect now. Great mitts too. And it's just the weather for 'em now.

Anonymous said...

Yay Jen!! Love the sweater! The mittens look like they found a happy home, too!

renee said...

Super cute sweater!!

vanessa said...

omg, that mitten photo is just prescious!!!!
love the koigu (duh) so glad the sleeves turned out perfect!
will you blog more about the purl ridges please?

Jessica said...

Jen,
The sweater is fabulous. I just checked through my stash and I don't have your color. Sorry. :(

Angela said...

Woohoo! You got my FO bug and they look GREAT!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous sweater and mittens! (The kid's cute too) Isn't it great to finish something? I wonder when that will happen to me again...

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Oh jen it is gorgeous! I love it on you too. Your 7yo pdhotographer did better than I do most of the time;-)

CatonsvilleCats said...

Aw cute mittens! Happy face!

Anonymous said...

I could just kiss my DGS's face all over! And DD's too! You look beautiful in your new sweater!