Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sockret Pal Starts

The Sockret Pal Swap is starting up - it's a secret pal exchange that lasts for 6 months. One of the things you have to do is knit a pair of socks for your sockret pal. Pal names were just sent out, so pal, if you are reading, here are the answers to my questionaire:

Sock-ret Pal Questionnaire
The basics:
How long have you been knitting?
20 years
Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep?sleep, what's that? I've knit many a pair of socks in my lifetime :-)

The measurements:
While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent.

I wear a size 8 shoe, but my feet are wide, not long, so stretchy socks are best.

(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love?
I have yet to find a color that I do not like.
Do you prefer solids or variegated?Either is fine. I am really into tone on tone colors right now.
What fibers do you most love to knit with?Merino, other wools, wool/cotton blends
Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors?Lisa Souza, Brooklyn Handspun and Blue Moon
What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting?scarves, shawls, sweaters for my kids

(fiber related) Dislikes:
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear?
nylon, 100% mohair (blends are ok)
What colors would you never wear? yellow, fuschia (but I would wear them on my feet, just not next to my face)

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood?
bamboo or other woods
Circs or Straights?circs
DPNs or Magic Loop?I've done them both
Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like?handmade stitch markers, glass straights

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link!
There is a link in the sidebar
Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*)all of the above
Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc)I have a nickel allergy which makes knitting with metal needles impossible
Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand?I like light, citrusy scents, and holiday scents such as pine needles, gingerbread, candy canes, etc
Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)?fiber, sheepy knick knacks
When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) December 3rd
Do you spin? Dye your own yarn?yes, I spin. I have dyed my own yarn a few times but I am no color artist
Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better...I like to read historical fiction, and have most recently completed the Outlander series.

1 comment:

Sheila E said...

Jen, my birthday is the 4th...gosh we are practically twins...oh yeah, a few years apart...like Seattle and San Francisco...
I loved reading what you wrote...lots of similarity. I guess your Mom will know how to handle me.
Wish I had the time to participate! Have fun...and love to Jesper and the kids!