Friday, May 23, 2008

Blink and you'll miss it

We had about 3 days of warm weather last week, enough to be inspired to go down to the local farmer's market. My kid came back looking like this:

He's ready for the sun to come back out! (Aren't we all?)

I've been knitting on a sweater for my daughter, it's a Sirdar pattern and I used the recommended yarn. Of course I could not follow the pattern as written, because it is a raglan design knit in pieces. I modified the pattern to be knit back and forth in one piece, from the bottom up. I knit the body to the armholes, knit the sleeves from the bottom up, and joined the sleeves and decreased along the raglan lines. This approach reminded me of a lopi sweater I knit many years ago, with the exception that lopi sweaters decrease evenly around the yoke and this one decreased along the raglan. I have a green sweater that I have been knitting for myself with a modified pattern, which I think I will now rip back and attach the raglan sleeves in the same manner that this purple sweater was knit.



I'm still looking for the perfect button for this sweater, a dear friend is on a quest to make one for me, and Maggie is thrilled to have a custom made button! Stay tuned for a button report.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweater is DONE....WOW...you are Amazing...duh....;)
I will be putting my thinking cap on to make a lovely button to make Maggie proud...and to hopefully add the finishing touch!
Your *kid* is just too cute in his little "sun" outfit! Hope the Sun comes back to visit us again...really soon.
Off to the workshop to create said button!
I LOVE getting to read your blog again!!

jackie_knits said...

YAWZA! This young grandson has style! Where are my sunglasses when I need them?