In a moment of madness, I decided that I needed to do some last minute Christmas gift knitting. Because Girlfriend needed a new coat:
I started and finished this within a week. It was a great, quick knit. The only mods I made to the pattern were to add a seed stitch border on the bottom and sleeves, and I knit the collar in seed stitch as well to pull it all together (great idea, Sam!)
I thought Friday morning I would need to make a quick run to a LYS for a button, but when I was perusing my stash, I came across some great buttons I had picked up in NZ this summer.
This one met with Girlfriend's approval:
edited to add: Girlfirend in action: