Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas,
when all through the place,
kids are so excited
They're sledding down the steps in a race.

The handknit stockings are hung
on the banister with care...

There's an awful lot of praying
that Saint Nicholas will appear.

Children still up,
caroling along,
Tum tum tum tum tum
Oh my, I hope Santa brings a drum.

Out on the lawn the beagle is howling,
The neighbors are cringing, the husband is yowling
There will be no Christmas this year if you don't get your butt into bed RIGHT HERE!

The snacks are in place,
Santa's on a diet.
This year there's grapes and carrots
I think there will be a riot



Dad has it on good authority
That only one drink will do
Lactaid milk? asks my son
No, a good stout whisky, it's true!



It's starting to get quiet
My job has just begun
I'll go upstairs now
and read Twas the Night Before Christmas to the dwindling son

I hope if Santa comes,
he is as quiet as a mouse,
it is no easy feat
to get some peace in this house!

Merry Christmas to you and yours! HoHoHoHo!

No comments: