Thursday, August 24, 2006

Picture heavy post

...because life continues to happen even when you forget to blog.

Last week zoomed by because the guys spent most of their time doing this:


My favorite picture:


I've been trying to capture a Saturday sky, but let's face it, most summer evenings are really beautiful in the PNW:

During the summer, we can usually see 2 or 3 sight seeing balloons float directly over our house, which is very near a wine district. I think we enjoy the view as much as the tourists do.

Tomorrow is my last day at work. I spent most of last week interviewing, and this week cleaning out my desk. The team I have been working with for the past year is really a great team, and I will miss the comraderie. But I have a lot of faith in the new company as well. The team had a little farewell party for me today, as many of them are off tomorrow. They gave me this flower. I think it is an orchid.

I think the team is trying to have the last laugh, as they know I can't keep any plants alive. We will call this Day 1, and we'll keep track through the blog of how long it takes me to kill this one.

And for those blog readers who have actually been in my house (about 90% of you), yes, there is something new.

Since this is my blog, I am going to shout out "I TOLD YOU SO" to my DH who hardly ever reads the blog and kept insisting that a larger table would fit. NOT. I just knew in my mind's eye that a small round pedastal table that could fit 5-6 chairs would be the perfect table for us.

And since you think this is a knitting blog, I leave you with a picture of a SIP. This is Ryan's Dublin Bay (pdf) sock, which I started right after she posted it, maybe a year ago?

edited to add: the copyright says 2004. Make that two years ago.

And finally, the shadow knitting sweater still needs one sleeve and side seamed:

3 comments:

Barb said...

You've been holding back on us! Thanks for catching us up on the pics. Great shots :-) Love the table

Angela said...

Great pictures! It looks like you've got a beautiful phalaenopsis (sp?). I just picked up one for my parents' anniversary last night.

Anonymous said...

Jen -

The shadow knit sweater is beautiful. How many can you knit before you go crazy?

Wes says "Thanks for the toys!". Well, he would have if he hadn't been busy running around with the blue fish in his mouth.

You're a doll and I've enjoyed EVERY SINGLE GIFT! (Especially the chocolate! LOL!)