Friday, January 12, 2007

Snow Days

Hmm, seems like I have used this title before! The kids will be going to school until July. *sigh*

The kids are enjoying the long weekend, at least.

There has been lots of outdoor time building snow forts and dragon lairs. After all, we have to keep our backyard dragon warm, you know!

DH has been working from home with me, and he got out a bit to capture some of the spectacular light we do not expect to see in January.


I do not have 4WD so my arse is not leaving this house, but the mailman does have a Jeep and some days, you just have to love the USPS.

I received my reveal package from my SP9 and all I can say is, WOW! And, THANK YOU! My SP9 is Lucy from Costa Rica. Her blog is Dimples Designs(how cute is that?). Lucy was an exchange student in the US during SP9, and her blog shows many of her adventures. Lucy, safe travels back to Costa Rica and thank you so much for being a great secret pal! Now - for the goodies. Lucy sent me the most gorgeous set of straight needles. I need to get out a needle gauge to check what size they are, but I know they will be perfect for the scarf knitting plans I have for 2007. Think warm and fuzzy! Then Lucy also sent a knitting pattern a day calendar. I love the concept and have always envied bloggers who have created knits from the calendar patterns. This year, it will be me! Finally, there is a package of cute tissues in pink. It's that time of year and those will come in handy. Thank you again, Lucy, for all the wonderful surprises!

You will also note that Bagel is recuperating nicely in "his" chair. His dogonality is returning, he is "protecting" his food from Mocha and belting out the occassional ahhhoooooooo! I wonder if his hearing or barking ability was somehow injured in the altercation, or if it just hurts his ear to bark, because he stops quickly. I can handle a quieter dog :-) We have taken to feeding Bagel in the living room, a room which Mocha does not go in, and bagel knows that, so he should feel some peace when he is in there. We are looking for a new home for Mocha, which is so sad for DH and I, but we realize that these two dogs have a love/hate relationship and cannot coexist. Mocha is a beautiful girl who plays nicely with the children and loves her humans. If you know of a beagle-free home that can accomodate a large labrador, let me know.

5 comments:

Angela said...

What fun for the kids! No snow day for me, but I will think good thoughts for Mocha. She's a sweetheart so I am sure she will find a good home.

Joanne said...

Oh, I'm so sad to hear this about Mocha! Have you consulted an animal behaviorist? Sometimes these things can be reconciled...with a little work. Harry and Sally have their tussles and the first months were very hard. However, they get along mostly and seem to enjoy each other. My first dog, Lucy, did not play well with other dogs. That's an understatement. We had our share of vet visits. Lucy was an only dog, but there may be hope for your guys, if you're still thinking about making it work.

I am envious of your snow! We've had none to speak of.

Anonymous said...

I am in New Hampshire and this morning we are getting our first 'real' snow of the season. Can you believe it? In the middle of January? Can you say Global Warming?

vanessa said...

ooh, it's a good thing i don't live closer, or i'd have a 3 dog one cat house including mocha!
good luck finding her a new home.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, how large a lab?