Friday, January 12, 2007

Socret Pal strikes again

You may recall that I joined the Sockret Pal exchange some months back. I lost the button on the blog upgrade, so I will have to make a point to get that added back to the sidebar.

My sockret pal must have super powers, because she(he?) somehow knew that it would snow again here in the PNW and I would need another pair of socks - TODAY! Aren't I the luckiest girl in the world? Two secret packages in two days!

The sockret pal exchange differs from the secret pal exchange in that in the sockret pal exchange, you have to knit your pal a pair of socks!

These are the bluebell rib socks from Sensational Knitted Socks in Shelridge Farm 3-ply, color Sand. Sockret Pal, I put these babies on my feet as soon as I opened the package! They are warm and squooshy and fit GREAT! Thank you so much!

And because us knitters like to pad those priority mail boxes with a little something extra, my pal included 2 batts from Spritely Goods in merino/firestar blends. These batts are so pretty and coordinate well. I'll have to ponder a bit to decide what to make with them. 4.4oz total may be enough for a pair of socks, if tightly spun, or maybe I will make myself a luxurious scarf? Hmmm, something to think about.

Did you notice the dark chocolate in the photo? And the yummy bar of soap? Mmmmm, it smells so nice! Into the kitchen it goes. (with 3 little kids in the house, we do A LOT of handwashing!) Sockret Pal also sent a historical fiction novel, Patrick, Son of Ireland. S/he's been reading my blog, and knew that I am a fan of the historial fiction. The book came from a used bookstore, which is fine by me. I am all for recycling and freecycling of good stuff like this! Thank you so much, Sockret Pal! What a lovely surprise!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that the package got to you safely! I'm glad you are pleased with the sock fit. It was the cause of much angst. Enjoy spinning, and reading and wearing the new socks!

Anonymous said...

i am so sad that i screwed up royally on that particular exchange. i don't regret spending the time with my mom, but i really hate what it did with the rest of my life. the socks are beautiful.

Angela said...

Oooohhh - I received a bar of soap like that and it's wonderful. Enjoy.

The socks look great and the batts look delicious! Share your batt spinning experience please as I have some hiding from OFFF still :)

Angela said...

Those batts are very pretty! I saw the BFL spun up from your November posting! Very very pretty!
Hope you are staying warm and dry with all this snow!!!
Happy Knitting!

Joanne said...

I like the socks! I hear you regarding being home way too long. Just wish there was some snow here as an excuse! Don't know quite what to do about it, but I am strangely excited about my husband's homecoming tonight. Almost like we haven't been married for 8+ years...

I just randomly caught my dogs licking their chops at the same time. Sometimes if I lick my lips, they do the same. Doggie communication. Squirrely thoughts, I guess.