Sunday, January 07, 2007

St. Distaff's Day Celebration

Yesterday, January 7th, was St Distaff's Day, the day which traditionally marks the end to the Christmas festivities and the return to work; for women, spinning. The NWRSA holds a spin-in to celebrate this day, and for the second year in a row, I was in attendance. Over 150 spinners attended, and there were at least 20 local vendors selling their wares. My small group of friends grew this year: it was a joy to see Lo and Sam in attendance, and this year we hooked up with Annie and Terri as well. Of course, my good friend Barb was there as well, it was so nice to see her spinning something other than the gray fiber for her husband's sweater. Go give her a shout - out because she finished spinning 6 pounds of this stuff! Now if that does not show devotion, then I don't know what does!

Here's a few shots of the gym to show you how crowded it was:

Annie and I, I'm talking to my Mom on the phone so she could be a part of the celebration!


Terri, Barb, and Sam spinning away!


Barb, Sam, Lo, and Tammy, having a great time!

I haven't taken pictures of all the great things I purchased yet, so I will save those for another post.

On a sad note, my Baby Bagel is not the big dog he imagines himself to be. We spent several hours in the emergency vet clinic getting his ear sewn up. He's on pain killers and antibiotics, and pretty groggy. Send healing thoughts for my poor baby!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack! What happened to poor Bagel? Give him a scritch behind the ear that doesn't hurt. :-) I had a great time at St. Distaff's Day - glad we were all able to be there together! - Sam

vanessa said...

omg,what happened to bagel?

your st.distaff's day looks like too much fun! and barb is wearing her gorgeous gansey!

renee said...

Oh, your poor baby. He looks so sad and hurt! I'm sending healing thoughts that way.

Unknown said...

Spinning day! Looks like a lovely time for all... Hope your doggie feels better soon...

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Thank you for sharing the St. Distaff's day. I love to see the pictures of everyone having fun together!

I hope the little fella gets better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Bagel, be a lover not a fighter. Poor baby! I hope he is feeling better soon.

Loved seeing the pictures of everyone in their gorgeous sweaters - you guys are so lucky to see each other so often. Can't wait to join in the mix!

CatonsvilleCats said...

Oops, poor puppy dog!

You guys look like you had a great day. Lo has BANGS? Boy it's been awhile since I saw her!!

jackie_knits said...

I could barely hear you over the phone - youall were having way too much fun!! Everyone there looked beautiful!

Spin!Spin!Spin!


Please give a gentle hug to Bagel and a lecture to Mocha.

jackie_knits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanne said...

Feel better, Bagel! Ears are very delicate things on dogs! Glad that your mom had such a good time at St. Distaff's day.