Friday, September 30, 2005

Kinky Yarn and Peddling Along

I've had some singles sitting on a bobbin for a while, and decided that it was finally time to ply it and get it off the bobbin. It plied easily, and looked great on the niddy noddy. Once I took it off, however, imagine my surprise when the yarn did this:

There is not much overtwist in this skein, only about half a twist, which is fine. The yarn just wants to kink back up on itself, unless stretched. I washed it and left it hang to dry overnight, with a little bit of weight on it:

It will be interesting to see what the yarn does when I take it down tonight.

In knitting news, I am peddling right along on my Wool Peddlers:

This is being worked in a wool/mohair blend from Persimmon Tree Farm, pikced up at MDSW. I've been a fan of theirs for years, and was happy to see them at OFFF as well. I didn't realize that they travelled the country. I'll have to remember that for next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks good to ME! Energized singles...google for it.