Wednesday, January 11, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

I signed up for SP7 - this is my first time doing a SP round! I hope that I don't get confused between my SP and the person I am supposed to be spoiling! That would be such a typical thing for me to do. So, as part of the SP7, there is a list of questions that I am supposed to answer so that my SP can get to know me better. Here's the list of questions and my answers:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? yes, I prefer wool

edited later to add: I am not so much a name snob as I am a fiber snob. I won't snub a yarn because it has acrylic, or the name LB, after all, I knit for my kids (ok, so I handwash for them too), but I do tend to stay away from novelty yarns. When I say I knit scarves, they are of the thick, muffler type, or the lacey, intricate type, but RARELY of the eyelashy type.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? spin, yes; crochet, only when I need to (I have crocheted a sweater together instead of sewing it)

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My mother is an awesome spoiler, and she has gifted me with 3 fabric needlecases, one each for straights, circulars, and dpns.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? advanced, 19 years

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) vanilla or lavendar

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? oh yes :-) definitely chocolate

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I used to scrapbook, but I find this takes away from my knitting time. I also like to spin.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I'm such a follower when it comes to music. Don't laugh - I was always a top 40 kind of girl. Now they play those songs on the oldies station. I also like the music they play in spinning (exercise) class - basically anything with a fast beat that I can run to. Yes to MP3's.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I look great in autumn colors and light, but not pastel, pink. Any colors you just can't stand? fuschia

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, 3 kids, 2 dogs

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes, yes, yes, yes!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Anything from Blue Sky Alpaca: alpaca, cotton, alpaca/silk - love it all.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? mohair by itself makes me sneeze. Mohair blends are ok (like Brown Sheep)

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? scarves and socks

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? scarves and socks

17. What are you knitting right now? trying to finish the sleeves on a sweater and socks

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? LOVE to

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? They each have their place. I don't like long straights (like 14"), but short straights are perfect for scarves.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? prefer bamboo, but have used all

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes

22. How did you learn to knit? from my German penpal

23. How old is your oldest UFO? going on 10 years

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? sheep or other fiber animals, labs and beagles

25. What is your favorite holiday? I like any reason to party!

26. Is there anything that you collect? knitting books, koigu, sheep knickknacks

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Vesper sock yarn from kpixie; sock yarn from Sunshine Yarns

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Cat Bordhi's moebius cast on. I have the 2 treasury books, I just haven't made the time to try the technique.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes. I will have to add this info later when I am near a measuring tape.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) December 3rd.

32. Do you have any allergies? I have lactose intolerance, which means that I avoid milk products. The exception is chocolate. I mean, isn't chocoltae worth getting sick over?!!

No comments: