Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Do you Cece the difference?

You may remember a few weeks back I posted some displeasure with the yarn I had chosen to knit Cece. I switched yarns and have been happily knitting away without an update. Here is a progress photo up to the armholes:

And last night while waiting for the night owl to fall asleep, I cast on for the first sleeve (no photo). I will say one thing about the instructions, they are not for the braindead. I am so lucky to have good friends who did not think it odd that I should ask how to make a 3 stitch buttonhole. I googled, and found this (scroll down to the one-row buttonhole). These are the instructions I followed, because I couldn't wait for the response from my friends. I should have though, because their creative genius was to cast off 3 stitches, and when you get to that spot on the next row, cable cast on 3 stitches! DOH!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that color! Aren't you glad you changed?!?!

Vicki said...

What a great bright and cheerful color for Cece!

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Wow that's the calmer! you are going to love that when it is done!! it looks gorgeous!

Sam said...

This is looking soooo beautiful, Jen. I can wait to see you model this one!