It's just about time for Secret Pal 8 to start up. SP7 was the first time I joined the event, and I had so much fun spoiling Alison. She's had some really great news, so go leave her some good wishes! Christine did a fabulous job of spoiling me, so much that I now have some great ideas for my next SP!
Let the game begin...
Here are my answers to the SP8 questionaire:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I will knit with almost anything. My favorite weight is fingering (as in most sock yarns). I seem to be allergic to possum fur, so the wool/possum blends are not a great idea for me.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My family gifted me with some lovely needle holders made from fabric with sheep on them last year. These are a great way to store my needles!
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for 19 years, and I would say that my skill level is definitely "not afraid to try new things".
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I just created an amazon wishlist (under my hotmail account) and I have a knitpicks wish list, although I will say that I would like a bunch of their patterns which, for some reason, I am unable to add to the wishlist.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)vanilla or lavendar
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, who doesn't?! I love dark chocolate. And anything coffee flavored.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin, I occassionally scrapbook, and I like to read.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I'm such a follower when it comes to music. Don't laugh - I was always a top 40 kind of girl. Now they play those songs on the oldies station. I also like the music they play in spinning (exercise) class - basically anything with a fast beat that I can run to. Yes to MP3's.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? all colors are beautiful
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 husband, and a partidge in a pear tree
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes, yes, yes, no
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks, scarves, kids' sweaters, anything that I have a chance of finishing this decade
13. What are you knitting right now? little blue socks for my youngest son
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? It really depends on the project. I always start with bamboo, and switch only if there is a need.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes!
17. How did you learn to knit? from my German penpal
18. How old is your oldest UFO? maybe 2 years, but don't think I'm some fantastic knitter, I just finished The Decade Aran last year. Guess how long it took me?
19. What is your favorite holiday? I like any reason to party!
20. Is there anything that you collect? knitting books, sock yarn, and dust
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
patterns from KnitPicks:
autumn leaves lace socks
hanging garden shawl
faroese peaks shawl
almost argyle socks
women's mitered cardigan
child's mitered cardigan
plus anything on my amazon wish list
I have a subscription to IK.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Cat Bordhi's moebius cast on. I have the 2 treasury books, I just haven't made the time to try the technique.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes! I will need to update this when I am near a tape measure.
24. When is your birthday?