Friday, October 06, 2006

Can you see the socks?

I don't know where the time has gone, or what I have been knitting. A bunch of single socks from looking at the archives. I joined Knittin' Mom's some time ago. It's a wonder she hasn't kicked me off yet, seeing as how I didn't knit a pair of socks in August or September. For October, may I present:

Little Guy's Camouflage Socks




Project specs
Cast On: October 3rd
Cast Off: October 5th
Yarn: Ankh, DK weight superwash from Twisted
Pattern: basic 2x2 rib with heel flap, cast on 48 st, heel turn over 24 st to fit my LG's feet at 4yo

This also counts as pair #4 in The Purling P's . Go check out the homepage for some socky-inspiration!

And continueing with the Socktoberfest theme, I cast on for a Spooktactular pair of toe-ups last night.
This is from my latest on-line Stash Enhancement eXhibition with the Yarn Pirate. The yarn is thin thin thin, (460 yards/4 oz) so these are being knit up on size 0's.

Now the big question is - will I finish these in time to wear on Halloween?

5 comments:

Sheila E said...

Ahhhh another sock addict. Beautiful socks!!...ALL! You are a sock knitting machine Jen!!
Don't you just love making socks? I do!!!! I just started another pair for Michael made with Lisa's Gendarme colorway. I love it!!!

Barb said...

The answer to your question is "yes" (magic 8 ball has spoken). You will have those socks done for Oct. 31st! (though magic 8 ball did not say of what year - sorry. It's power is limited) :-) Great socks for the LG! Whaaaa Hooooo!

Teri.p said...

Cute socks, and absolutely adorable Little Guy!

Dave said...

Those camo socks are so cute! Lovely Halloween yarn :-)

Anonymous said...

oooh! lookin' good!