Monday, October 09, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionaire

I signed up for the Secret Pal exchange again. Here are the answers to the questionaire. If you are not my Secret Pal, you may want to move along. This one is all about me ;-)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love soft silk blends. Alpaca/silk and merino/silk are my favorite. I also love sock yarn! I don't like novelty yarns or acrylics that much.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

WIPs, under couch cushions, in a big box, and even sometimes in the beautiful sheepy needle pouches my Mom gave me

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting for 20 years. I don't think there is a technique that I haven't tried.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

There will be a generic wishlist in the sidebar.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

My favorite scents are lavendar and vanilla. I also like seasonal scents, in small doses. For example, I have a pumpkin candle that I pull out this time of year every year, and I enjoy it for the month of October. And then it gets put away until next year.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Who doesn't?!! I prefer dark chocolate over milk, and sour over sweet. I love candy from different geographic regions. If there is something unique to the place you call home, share it with me!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I collect scrapbooking paper. Haven't gotten around to actually using it. And I do spin, although not that fast.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have to be in the right mood to listen to music, and that mood changes constantly. I spend my drive to and from work scanning the radio stations for the "right" music. If you have something that you love, I am happy to give it a try!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I am going through a brown phase. I love brown/pink, and brown/blue combos. I also love all autumny colors that blend with brown: olive, pumpkin, russet, etc.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married for 10+ years to a very smart man(see the book in the sidebar) and we have three wonderful children who appear on this blog quite often. I also have 2 crazy, wild, loveable dogs.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves, mittens and gloves. I only wear hats when it is really cold, which does not happen often in the Pacific North West.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I love to knit socks and sweaters for my children, since they can be completed before I lose interest. Of course, there are a lot of single socks laying around my house.

13. What are you knitting right now?

The first in a pair of Halloween socks for myself, and a sweater for my youngest, LG (Little Guy).

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I love to receive handmade gifts!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer bamboo or other sources of wood or plastic. I have a nickel allergy, so addi turbos and the new knitpicks needles will not work for me.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

yes, although I should put a jumbo ball winder on my wishlist. I think those are outside the budget of this exchange, anyway.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Last winter I finished a cardigan that took me 9 years to knit. Since then, I try to complete projects within the same season. I find that having UFOs just stresses me out, so if something isn't working, I will just frog it.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

My birthday

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Sheepy knickknacks and calendars, notepads and sticky notes with sheep on them; yarn, and knitting needles.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I need to replenish my stash of size 2mm bamboo dpns. I do have some yarns on a wishlist, posted on the sidebar. I have a subscription to Interweave Knits magazine.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd like to improve my spinning technique, perhaps by t aking a class and practicing more!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes! I love to knit socks and wear handknit socks. My foot measures 8.5 inches heel to toe, is 8.5 inches measured around the ball of my foot. and I like cuffs about 7 inches long, or shorter.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

December 3rd

No comments: