Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Where's the kid?

My favorite model, LG, is showing off the handknit scarf I knitted for the ISE3. Can YOU see the kid behind the long scarf?

The yarn used comes from Persimmon Tree Farm and is a hand-dyed merino/mohair blend. The scarf is super long (it's shown doubled in the LG picture). I used about 250 yards. I love this scarf so much that I will be making another to keep for myself.
I can't wait to hear from my pal in Canada when she receives the scarf. I hope she likes it!

5 comments:

Dave said...

It's beautiful. I love those colours! It's nice to see a stitch pattern that plays so nicely with variegated yarn.

vanessa said...

cute kidlet photo, but i want to know what happened to the orchid photos, did ya kill it?

Sam said...

Your kids just crack me up - beautiful knitting, too! Who couldn't like that scarf?!

Barb said...

I love your LG photo, and the scarf too! You have such a great ability to pick the great colors that go with the patterns you knit.

Amy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The scarf has arrived and it is beautiful! It's soft and I can't stop petting it. I LOVE IT :)
I wore it to my LYS and LQS today and got several compliments!!!