Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Where's the kid?

My favorite model, LG, is showing off the handknit scarf I knitted for the ISE3. Can YOU see the kid behind the long scarf?

The yarn used comes from Persimmon Tree Farm and is a hand-dyed merino/mohair blend. The scarf is super long (it's shown doubled in the LG picture). I used about 250 yards. I love this scarf so much that I will be making another to keep for myself.
I can't wait to hear from my pal in Canada when she receives the scarf. I hope she likes it!

6 comments:

Dave said...

It's beautiful. I love those colours! It's nice to see a stitch pattern that plays so nicely with variegated yarn.

vanessa said...

cute kidlet photo, but i want to know what happened to the orchid photos, did ya kill it?

Samsara said...

Your kids just crack me up - beautiful knitting, too! Who couldn't like that scarf?!

Barb said...

I love your LG photo, and the scarf too! You have such a great ability to pick the great colors that go with the patterns you knit.

Melanie said...

Late to the party - beautiful scarf! And cutie-pie LG too.

Amy said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
The scarf has arrived and it is beautiful! It's soft and I can't stop petting it. I LOVE IT :)
I wore it to my LYS and LQS today and got several compliments!!!